Monday, September 3, 2012

So sad: Hiker found fallen to his death in the Wild Sky Wilderness

http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/BREAKING-NEWS/EVERETT-MAN-DIES-IN-HIKING-ACCIDENT-NEAR-INDEX-1105960

Such sad news and I kind of regret the flippant remarks I made in my previous post about "everybody and their brother."   Someone is now less his brother.

I've seen some of the terrain these young men attempted to traverse and it can get pretty ugly around the flanks of Gunn, Townsend and Merchant Peaks.  I'm assuming they made their approach via Trout Creek and the Sunset Mine road.  I've gone only as far as the old ruins and mining claims at the base of Merchant's and given up any thought of the tough scramble beyond . . . though I've often wanted to see the lakes above.

My condolences to the family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails