Tuesday, February 19, 2008

We are halfway to the Spring Equinox

A nifty little sunshine java applet calculator located at http://www.jgiesen.de/sunshine/index.htm

The spring equinox (when the sun is over the equator), due Mar 21st, is approaching. As the sun's apparent position in the southern sky drifts higher the weather warms. It's fascinating to follow the natural rhythms and that was really brought home today when I stood on my back deck and acted like a sponge to the warm rays of the sun in the sky.

My backyard faces south and is reasonably screened from my neighbours. Not the best of situations because I lost a beloved 150 year old cedar tree to a beattle-bore infestation two years ago and the replacement trees are just not high enough yet for me to go prancing about on my deck nude most of the time.

However, what a glorious day we had today. I got up late . . . got my morning cup of coffee and checked out the weather. The 'sun' was out!!!!!!

What a feeling to feel the hot wash of sunlight on the skin. Spring is finally arriving and I can't wait to get back up in the mountains for some long-needed nude hiking.

Related Posts with Thumbnails